Henry APPELMAN was possibly born in Germany. He is mentioned as the father of Adam in Adam's will of 1804, having money owed to him [Adam] from the sale of "Henry's" land in Oberingelheim in the Rhineland Palantinate (at the time, in the French Republic).
Adam APPELMAN was possibly born in Germany. He was buried 30 Jun 1803, St. Mary Marylebone (see will of Adam Appelman).
Adam was a pianoforte maker, and may have worked for the Kirkman family.
IGI records the birth and baptism of a Frances APPELMAN in 1789, the daughter of Adam and Mary. This seems to suggest a previous marriage.
Charlotte was the daughter of William Gordon and Jean (née Jarvie), baptised 14 Oct 1762 Leith, Midlothian.
After Adam's death, Charlotte married George Merlens, 10 Sept 1810, at St. George's Bloomsbury, in the presence of R. Harrison and John Webb. Charlotte (still using the surname Appelman) was buried 15 May 1825, St. Mary Marylebone, aged 64.
See 'Gordon Speculations' for gleanings whilst researching Charlotte Gordon.
Joseph APPELMAN was born 16 Feb 1795 in Marylebone London, and was baptised 21 Mar 1795 at St. Mary Marylebone.
He married Mary Ann Ricketts ASHTON 18 Dec 1825 at St. James' Westminster London; both of the parish, by banns, witnessed by Thomas Haynes and Laura Barnicot.
Joseph was a pianoforte maker like his father, although he was only 8 years old when his father died. He may have worked for John Broadwood & Sons, and was certainly living within a stroll of the company's Great Pulteney Street site during the first half of the 1800's.
- Joseph John APPELMAN born 29.Jan.1828 - Marylebone, London.
Jane APPELMAN was born 24 Jan 1802, and baptised in February 1802 at St. Mary's Marylebone London.
She married Thomas Haynes 5 Nov 1825 at St. James' Westminster London; both of the parish, by banns, witnessed by John Thomas Hartley and Samuel Cramer (church employee).
Joseph John APPELMAN was born 29 Jan 1828 in Marylebone London, and baptised 29 Jun 1828 at All Souls Marylebone.
He married Jane Elizabeth WILLIAMS 21 Oct 1850 at All Souls Marylebone.
Joseph John was a carver and gilder.
- Mary Ann Martha APPELMAN born 14 Jul 1851 - Pimlico, London.
- Jane Elizabeth APPELMAN born 1853 - Pimlico, London.
- Emily Sarah APPELMAN born 1855 - Marylebone, London.
- Katherine APPELMAN born 1858 - Islington, London.
- Joseph APPELMAN born 1860 Pimlico, London.
- Louisa Ann APPELMAN born 1863 - Lambeth, London.
- John Herbert APPELMAN born 1867 - Lambeth, London.
- George Henry APPELMAN born 1868 - Lambeth, London; died 1906
- Edith Alice APPELMAN born 1871 - Lambeth, London.
Mary Ann Martha APPELMAN was born 14 Jul 1851 at 18 St Leonard Street Pimlico London, and baptised 11th January 1852, at St Stephen's, Rochester Row, Westminster, London. She died 13 Sep 1868 [under the name Appelman] aged 17 at 1 Gye Street Lambeth.
She married [unconfirmed] Arthur WINDAYBANK
Joseph APPELMAN was born in 1860, Pimlico London. He died in 1925, Camberwell London.
He married Eliza CLARIDGE in 1884.
Joseph William APPELMAN married Beatrice E. BLOWERS in 1919.
Frederick Herbert APPELMAN married Emily H. JAMES in 1910.
- Frederick W.G. APPELMAN, born 1912 - Kingston Surrey.
- Sidney R. APPELMAN, born 1915 - Southwark, London; died 1916.
- Ivy Lillian APPELMAN, born 19 Jan 1920 - Southwark, London; died 1986.
- Hilda E. APPELMAN, born 1924 - Southwark, London.
James WILLIAMS married Mary HENDRY 15 Aug 1743, St. James' Palace Chapel, Westminster.
- James WILLIAMS, bapt. 9 Dec 1744 - St. Thomas the Apostle, London.
- Ann WILLIAMS, bapt. 31 May 1747, bur. 24 Jan 1749 - St. Mary Le Bow, London.
- Joseph WILLIAMS, bapt. 4 Dec 1748 - St. Mary Le Bow, London.
- Charles WILLIAMS, bapt. 14 Sep 1750 - St. Mary Le Bow, London
Joseph WILLIAMS was baptised 4 Dec 1748, St Mary Le Bow London.
He married Mary Ann COLES 2 May 1776, St. James' Clerkenwell, Middlesex.
- Joseph WILLIAMS, born 28 Apr 1777, bur. 31 Dec 1778 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- Mary Ann WILLIAMS, born 11 Jul 1778, bur. 9 Sep 1778 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- Mary WILLIAMS, born 21 Dec 1779, bur. 9 May 1780 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- Ann WILLIAMS, born 21 Dec 1779, bur. 27 Mar 1780 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- George Henry WILLIAMS, born Jul 1781 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- Isaac WILLIAMS, born 11 Sep 1782 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- James WILLIAMS, born 10 Aug 1784 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
- Joseph Orchard WILLIAMS, born 14 Nov 1788 - St.Botolph Without Aldersgate, London.
George Henry WILLIAMS was baptised 2 Sep 1781, St. Botolph Without Aldersgate, London. He died in 1865, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
He married Elizabeth ORCHARD (licence: 25 Apr 1803). She was born 4 Nov 1781, the daughter of Joseph and Ann Orchard.
- John Robert WILLIAMS, born 1808 - London.
- Robert WILLIAMS, born 1810 - London.
- Isaac WILLIAMS, born 1819 - London.
- Ann Maria WILLIAMS, born 1824 - London.
John Robert WILLIAMS was born 6 Jan 1808, and baptised 30 Jun 1816 in Pentonville, London.
He married Ann Jane BAMBURY 12 Jan 1829, St. James' Clerkenwell, Middlesex.
John Robert was a looking-glass maker, and a picture frame maker.
- Jane Elizabeth WILLIAMS, baptised 29 May 1829 - Shoreditch, London.
- John William WILLIAMS, born 11 Mar 1838 - (75, Warren Street) Tottenham, Middlesex.
Jane Elizabeth WILLIAMS was born 29 May 1829, and baptised 21 Jun 1829 at St Leonard's, Shoreditch London. She died in 1895.
She married Joseph John APPELMAN 21 Oct 1850 at All Souls, Marylebone London.
Joseph ORCHARD married Ann (surname unknown).
George Tryon ORCHARD was born 11 Jan 1780, and baptised 18 Feb 1780, at Trinity Church, New York, North America. Sponsors at the baptism were John & Catherine Menzies, and George Gosling.
He married Jane ELLEN 05 Apr 1809, Old Church, Saint Pancras, London, England.
Elizabeth ORCHARD was born 4 Nov 1781, and baptised 28 Nov 1781, at Trinity Church, New York, North America. Sponsors at the baptism were Jacob Albright, Ann Casey and Margaret Nutter.
She married George Henry WILLIAMS (licence: 25 Apr 1803).
Last updated: May 2015