My thanks to Anne and Roger, for kindly sharing their information.
John Davis was born c1790 in London, England. He died 10.Jun.1876 at 34 Ellington Street, Barnsbury aged 86.
He married Mary HART 25.Jun.1817.
- Mark DAVIS, born c1820 - Aldgate, London.
- Elizabeth DAVIS, born c1821 - Aldgate, London.
- Morris DAVIS, named 21.Apr.1823 at the Great Synagogue, Duke's Place London.
- Solomon DAVIS, born c1826.
- Clara DAVIS, named 20.Oct.1827, died by 1832.
- David DAVIS, named 10.Aug.1829 at the Great Synagogue, Duke's Place London.
- Jane DAVIS, born c1830 - St. Sepulchre, Bishopsgate London.
- Michael DAVIS, born c1832 - St. Sepulchre, Bishopsgate London.
- Clara DAVIS, named 3.Jun.1832 at the Great Synagogue, Duke's Place London.
- Alexander DAVIS, born c1836 - St. Sepulchre, Bishopsgate London.
- Isaac DAVIS, born 2.Feb.1838 - Aldersgate Street, Bishopsgate (St. Sepulchre) London.
Solomom DAVIS was born c1826. He died 21.Dec.1889 at 72 Moreland Street, Holborn London.
He married Esther LIPMAN 4.May.1847 at the Great Synagogue, Duke's Place London.
Jane DAVIS was born c1830 in St Sepulchre, Bishopsgate London.
She married Joseph GASHION 20.May.1851 at The Great Synagogue, London. He was born c1828 in London. He died, aged 44, 17.May.1873 at 12 Canonbury Square, London.
Michael Davis was born 15.Nov.1851 at 2 Ann's Place, Spitalfields London. He died 15.Sep.1939 in Shoreham Sussex aged 87, and was buried at Streatham Park Cemetery.
He married Mary Ann HARRIS, although no record of the marriage has been located as yet.
- Minnie Louisa DAVIS, born 19.Aug.1879 - Islington, London.
Marion Davis was born 7.May.1858 - 33 Bethnal Green Road, Bethnal Green, London. She died in 1938.
She married Otto Gustave ZEUMER in 1890. He was born in Schling, Germany. He died 4.Jul.1906, 1 Eastwick Road, Southend.
Minnie Louisa Davis was born 19.Aug.1879 at 12 Charles Street, Islington. She died 16.Jul.1974 at Harolds Wood, Essex. She married Thomas Watts CHAPMAN 14.Sep.1901 in Islington, London.
Michael Gashion was born c1796 in Whitechapel, London. He died in 1852.
In 1841 and 1851 his wife is listed in the census returns as Maria (born c1811 on the Isle of Wight, Hampshire). I have been unable to find any reference to a death prior to 1846 however, there are two references to a marriage of a Michael Gashion for the 2nd Quarter of 1846:
A Leah Maria Gashion is recorded in the England & Wales Death Index as having died at the latter end of 1853, which may suggest a second wife for Michael, Leah Abrahams. But of course, this could equally imply there were two (or even three) Michael Gashions.
- Rosa GASHION, born c1825 - London.
- Joseph GASHION, born c1828 - (Walworth, Surrey) London.
- Isaac GASHION, born c1830 - (Goodman's Field) London.
- Sarah GASHION, born c1830 - Walworth, London.
- Samuel GASHION, born c1832 - Drury Lane, London.
- Abraham GASHION, born c1834, died 1847 - London.
- Fanny GASHION, born c1836 - St Giles, Middlesex.
- Manuel [Emanuel] GASHION, born 1841, died 1842 - London.
- Louis GASHION, born c1844 - London.
- Rachel GASHION, born c1846 - London.
Joseph Gashion was born c1828 in London. He died, aged 44, 17.May.1873 at 12 Canonbury Square, London.
He married Jane DAVIS 20.May.1851 at The Great Synagogue, London. She was born c1830 in St. Sepulchre, Bishopsgate London.
- Laura GASHION, born 1852.
- Marion GASHION, born 1854.
- Michael GASHION, born 1855.
- Lissie GASHION.
- Alexander Joseph GASHION, born 1861 - died 1872.
Isaac Gashion was born c1830 in London. He died, aged 43, 10.Dec.1873 at 67 Great Prscott Street, Goodman's Field London.
He married Catherine ISAAC 23.Oct.1849 at The Great Synagogue, London.
Sarah Gashion was born c1830 in Walworth, London.
She married Samuel LEVY in 1853.
Samuel Gashion was born c1832 in Drury Lane, London. He died in 1891.
He married Julia KAUFFMAN 16.Jun.1853 at The Great Synagogue, London.
Alexander Joseph Gashion was born 1861, and died 6.Dec.1872.
My thanks to Anne and Marianne.
Otto Gustave Zeumer was born in Schling, Germany. He died 4.Jul.1906, 1 Eastwick Road, Southend.
He married Marion DAVIS in 1890. She was born 7.May.1858 - 33 Bethnal Green Road, Bethnal Green, London. She died in 1938.
Ernest was born 28.Mar.1894 in St. Luke's, London. He died 1981 in Luton, Bedfordshire.
He married Florence Winifred Marion WEBSTER 24.Dec.1922 at St.Andrew's, Whitehall Park, Islington London.
Bert was born 22.May.1901 in Hackney, London. He died 1981 in Canterbury, Kent.
He married Nancy Flora BURCHELL 8.Mar.1930 at Holt Trinity, Islington London.
Bert and Nancy had no children.
Bert was a saxophonist and pianist, with his own jazz band in the 40's.
Last updated: May 2015